The Reading Program is a cherished tradition that brings together members to explore, share and discuss books.
There’s something for everyone—the Reading Program is available for:
- Adults, youth, and children
- Enlightening subjects in diverse genres, including:
- Education for Mission
- Leadership Development
- Nurturing for Community
- Social Action
- Spiritual Growth
response magazine and the Faith Talks podcast are part of the Reading Program.
Reading is rewarding.
2023 Reading Program
NEW: The 2023 Reading Program Catalog is now available!
Reading is connecting.
The Reading Program is not meant to be completed alone or in a vacuum. You can enrich the experience by doing one or several of these things:
- Share the program with United Women in Faith members and members of the community.
- Help people attain books. Distribute this guide.
- Connect with local and district groups. Start a book club, download books onto an e-reader to pass around and share, present book reviews at group meetings.
- Display a progress chart in your church for all who wish to participate, and post displays to encourage book sales.
- Pray. Books often raise concerns about people, countries, and issues. Bring these concerns to God during your prayer time at home and at group meetings.
- Advocate for tangible change. Many Reading Program books address issues including climate change, mass incarceration and racism. Organize a task force to address these issues in your community.