The Reading Program is a cherished tradition that brings together members to explore, share and discuss books.
There’s something for everyone—the Reading Program is available for:
- Adults, youth, and children
- Enlightening subjects in diverse genres, including:
Education for Mission
Nurturing for Community
response magazine and the Faith Talks podcast are part of the Reading Program.
- Reading Program Reporting Form
- View previous Reading Program catalogs
- Suggest a book
Reading is rewarding.
As you read, you can track your progress using our easy-to-use Reporting Form. When you submit the Report of Completion Requirements, you will be recognized with a Certificate of Recognition.
Reading is connecting.
The Reading Program is not meant to be completed alone or in a vacuum. You can enrich the experience by doing one or several of these things:
- Share the program with United Women in Faith members and members of the community.
- Help people attain books. Distribute this guide.
- Connect with local and district groups. Start a book club, download books onto an e-reader to pass around and share, present book reviews at group meetings.
- Display a progress chart in your church for all who wish to participate, and post displays to encourage book sales.
- Pray. Books often raise concerns about people, countries, and issues. Bring these concerns to God during your prayer time at home and at group meetings.
- Advocate for tangible change. Many Reading Program books address issues including climate change, mass incarceration and racism. Organize a task force to address these issues in your community.