United Women in Faith National Scholarship 2023
The United Women in Faith National Scholarship is for lay women in the USA who are pursuing careers in church or social service vocations. Preference will be given to laity working on behalf of women, children, and youth.
- Undergraduate or graduate students of a National Mission Institution college, or university (Bennett College, Clark Atlanta University, Huston-Tillotson University, Paine College, Pfeiffer University, Spartanburg College or Rust College).
- Candidates for the Deaconess program (scholarships will support the required classes and other expenses). Deaconesses may also apply for a scholarship for a degree program.
- Lay women who have been active in United Women in Faith and are pursuing careers in lay ministry or social service work.
- Scholarships may be used for undergraduate or graduate study, or student internships in religion or a related field (social work, counseling, etc.) at an accredited college or university.
- Preference given to undergraduate or graduate students of a National Mission Institution college, or university (Bennett College, Clark Atlanta University, Huston-Tillotson University, Paine College, Pfeiffer University, Spartanburg College or Rust College).
- Preference given to United Methodist denominational affiliation.
- Preference given to laywomen working on behalf of women, children, and youth.
- Preference given to women involved in United Women in Faith.
- Applicant must be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States.
- A scholarship is granted for one year. Scholarship recipients may reapply.
- The average scholarship is $1,000 and will not exceed $5,000.
- This is a competitive scholarship and not all applications will be funded.
Guidelines for Submission of Application
- The applications are due on or before Tuesday, April 18, 2023, for the fall semester of 2023.
- To request an application, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org with 2023 National Scholarship Request in the email subject line. In the body of the email, please include the following: applicant’s name, email address and any other details you feel necessary.
Notification and Process
- All applicants will be notified if they have been granted a scholarship by June 2023.
- Scholarship funds will be sent in time for registration and made payable to the school only.
- Applicants will be notified when payment occurs.